City : Geneva
Country : Swiss
Title : Manager Business Intelligence & Analytics
We are seeking Manager, Business Intelligence & Analytics who is skilled in installing, configuring and validating Oracle Business Intelligence Analytic Packages specifically for Financial Analytics and/or Procurement and/or Spend Analytics and/or HR Analytics, and/or CRM Analytics and/or Manufacturing & Supply Chain analytics.
The Business Intelligence Manager will play a key role in building an industry-‐leading data warehouse, reporting and analytics mastering several functional business domains while leading a team of Business Intelligence Consultant.
He/she will be responsible for managing and leading the BI & Analytics Business Unit thus ensuring business development in coordination with the Sales Team, provide solid response to RFP and other customer request and most importantly lead the delivery and execution of prioritized technology projects, following appropriate standards, best practices, and procedures to ensure high-‐value, actionable analytic insights for senior leadership and business partners.
The BI Manager will collaborate with multiple departments within Ad Maiora, providing expertise in the capabilities of reporting alternatives as it relates to meeting customer business need. This position will have direct reporting responsibility for the team, scheduling their workload on appropriate projects and guiding their career development through mentoring, coaching, and feedback. This role is responsible for developing and achieving a high performing customer portfolio always providing solutions that are reliable, responsive to user requirements, and operate efficiently. This position requires an in-‐depth knowledge of Finance and/or Technical Operation business processes and source data, and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
The Business Intelligence Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
- Manage the profitability of the BI & Analytics Business Unit (BU) P&L
- Manage the BU grow through management and response to RFP
- Perform project planning and resource allocation to meet project Resources include team of three to four BI consultant
- Collaborate with management of other departments to ensure cross-‐functional issues, tasks or projects are coordinated and completed within a timely manner
- Apply sound judgment and strong analytic expertise to all deliverables
- Collaborate with consultants and project managers on major initiatives, providing recommendations on reporting opportunities that capitalizes on the strengths and capabilities of the BU
- Continually review and evaluate BI development standards, procedures, and best practices; recommend possible improvements to provide an efficient SDLC process
- Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the BI development life cycle phases to design an integrated, quality solution to address the business requirements
- Continue to build an effective development organization by driving the recruiting and hiring of data analysts, developing and managing the group, and conducting performance reviews of team members.
- Facilitate the adoption of the software engineering best practices within the organization, including reporting, tools, and evolution of development methodology
Keep pace with industry trends and capabilities.
- Develop strategies to be ahead of the curve.
The Business Intelligence Manager’s technical requirements include, but are not limited to :
- Experience in installing, configuring and validating OBI Analytics
- Experience gathering requirements and translating to design concepts for customer review for business intelligence
- Knowledge of Oracle’s Applications (Oracle 11i, PeopleSoft, E-‐Business Suite) are a plus
- Experience with Informatica or ODI ETL (Design mapping & workflows) and DAC Server (Data Warehouse Access Console)
- Experience managing and maintaining meta-‐data, cataloging definitions, calculations, and origins of data; metadata repositories
- Database skills preferred include: SQL, Oracle
- Experience with the OBIEE 11g Unified Framework creating reports, dashboards, KPIs, Scorecard